how to make this dish: i thought i’d share my recent experiment in cooking as it turned out quite good.
for best results, i recommend you use the same brands as i did. click on the picture for a bigger view. if you use other products the flavour might be
substantially different. these were purchased in Vienna, Austria, at major stores such as Interspar and Merkur.
it’s a really simple dish and easy to make. there’s hardly any manual labour involved. it should fill two people.
1. put about 3 teaspoons (not heaped) of green tea into the metal container. tea bags or other methods should work just as well. we’re going to cook the noodles in green tea!
2. take a large bowl of water and let it boil. before it boils (half way in, ~70 degrees celcius), insert
the tea and let it sit for 2 minutes, not too much. the water should have a distinct, dark green look.
3. insert the noodles at boil. you can use the whole package. i just used two thirds of it.
let it cook for 6 minutes.
4. prepare the mold: take the can of sardines and drain the oil inside. put the sardines on a plate and crush them lightly with a fork.
in a large serving bowl, insert all the pesto sauce. then mix the sardines with it and stir the sauce with a fork, so that the sardines unite with the pesto.
next we add a fair amount of olive oil to the sauce and stir even more, so it’s a smooth blend of gooey goodness.
taste inbetween to reassure a right amount of olive oil. it should have a balanced taste to your liking.
5. when the noodles are done, pour them in a strainer and rinse with hot water! shake so all the water (green tea) goes out.
6. put the noodles into our serving bowl with the sauce and stir well.
7. optionally reheat it in a microwave for 1 minute at 800 watts. the sauce can cool it down too quickly!
8. enjoy and share with those around you.